Extracting data from CMUTS is exactly the same as is in normal OnScale models. For comparison with some of the typical experimental metrics the following points are useful to note:
- Use POUT as normal
- Extract the Drive Function for normalisation of FFTs in post-processing
- Extract the out-of-plane displacement at the center of the membrane. A good measure of the peak deflection for specific input conditions
- Extract Voltage and Charge on the active electrode. Allows for impedance curves to be created
- Extract average displacement from the front face of the membrane. Good comparison with some laser vibrometry results and can be used to calculate pressure in a load analytically.
- Extract average pressure a few elements from the front face of the device. Good for comparison with hydrophone measurements, and for calculating operating frequency.
- Harmonic shapes can be extracted as normal via the shap command.
calc disp pres aprs avrg ffydsp ydsp * regn $i1 $i2 $j4 $j4 avrg ffpres aprs * regn $i1 $i2 $j4+10 $j4+10 end pout hist func /* drive function - 1 histname electrode vq ctop /* voltage and charge TOP electrodes - 2, 3 histname avrg a all /* average displacement on membrane - 4, 5 (disp, pres) hist ydsp $i1 $i2 1 $j4 $j4 1 /* thickness displacement on top membrane nodes - 6+ end